The Deciderer's last 1000 days

If our country lasts that long....

Friday, June 09, 2006

955. Carolina



Carolina In My Mind

James Taylor

In my mind I'm goin' to Carolina
Can't you see the sunshine
Can't you just feel the moonshine
Ain't it just like a friend of mine
To hit me from behind
Yes I'm goin' to Carolina in my mind

the rest of the lyrics...



Actually, I'm heading off to Carolina in the flesh. The Outer Banks of North Carolina. Duck, NC precisely, a few miles north of Kitty Hawk.

At this point it's unlikely that I'll have Internet or email access, so I probably won't be posting for the next week or so.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I experienced James Taylor live in concert a few years ago, where he opened with "Carolina In My Mind". What a pure, clean, warm voice he has. Seemed effortless. And not just a voice, but a wonderful performer and musician too. What I didn't like about the concert is that it was at a large indoor arena, too loud and with one of those huge video screens behind the stage.

I understand the economics involved, but seeing James Taylor in that way just didn't seem right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home